180 Public and Private Sector Workers To Graduate From MIND

Jamaica Information Service (JIS)

One hundred and eighty public and private sector workers, who have successfully completed professional development programmes at the Management Institute for National Development (MIND), will graduate during a ceremony to be held on Saturday, December 12, at the Institute’s Old Hope Road campus.

Minister of Health, Hon. Horace Dalley, will deliver the keynote address at the 16thannual graduation and awards function, which will get underway at 4:00 p.m. under the theme: ‘Supporting Public Sector Transformation Through Training for Public Service Excellence’.

Of the graduating cohort, 90 per cent are from Ministries, Agencies and Departments of Government, while the remaining 10 per cent are from the private sector.

They will be awarded postgraduate, associate of science degrees and diplomas, as well as professional certificates in 10 selected programmes of study.

Client Relations and Marketing Manager at MIND, Shawnette Henry, told JIS Newsthat MIND is pleased to celebrate this milestone achievement as part of the Public Service Modernisation and Transformation process.

“Public sector transformation is a critical linchpin for national development and MIND remains committed to developing a competent public sector towards the realisation of our national Vision 2030,” she said.

Ms. Henry noted that “this cadre of distinguished, brilliant MIND-trained professionals possess the skills, competencies and capabilities that will impact good governance, facilitate improved performance, engender practices and behaviours that will create and advance a transformed, efficient, responsive and modern public service.

MIND is the Government of Jamaica’s public service training institute mandated to provide leadership development and management training that respond to the needs of the public service and support the modernisation and transformation thrust of Government.